Most of the information accessible on OGC's website does not require you to provide personal identification. Access is anonymous. OGC only collects personal information that you choose to provide. We endeavour to collect only as much personal information as is absolutely necessary to assist you in conducting business with OGC. This information may be collected via any one of multiple customer and member business service channels (e.g. website, walk-in, fax, phone or email).
If you should have any concerns about use of the OGC website channel for conducting online business services such as recreational gymnastics program registration, OGC will always provide you with one of the above alternative service channels as an option, for example registration via telephone, fax or in person at the OGC office.
Purposes for Which OGC Collects Personal Information
OGC collects and retains personal information for the following purposes:
- To process your requests for programs, services or further information;
- To communicate with you regarding programs or services that you have requested - for example to send you a statement or a receipt;
- To identify you if you have a query or concern about the service or product that you have requested;
- To advise you about changes to our program or service offerings, or of service interruptions;
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
If your personal information changes (eg. name, address, postal code, telephone number, etc.), or you no longer require OGC programs or services, OGC will endeavour to provide a way to correct, update or remove this information. Details of how to do this are usually provided on the website or other service channel where the information is collected.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
OGC is the sole owner of the above collected information. We do not use or retain personal information that you provide to us for any secondary purposes unless we clearly notify you and gain your permission first. We will not sell, share, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to any organization or individual outside OGC unless we first notify you and ask your permission.
The exceptions to this policy of non-disclosure are stated below. OGC may disclose your personal information:
- To companies contracted to process your requests;
- For law enforcement purposes;
- For contact purposes relating to emergency situations such as if you or a family member suffer sudden illness or injury.
Protection of Personal Information
OGC takes every precaution to protect your personal information. Account information is protected by requiring you to enter a unique Login ID and Password each time you access your account information. Your Password should never be shared. Personal information provided through our website is encrypted for your protection (e.g. credit card numbers, etc.) during transmission.
Links to Other Websites