Employment at Oakville Gymnastics Club
Recreational Gymnastics Coach
Join the recreational coaching team at Oakville Gymnastics and be part of the excitement – experience the personal fulfillment of helping our community’s youth participate in the thrilling sport of gymnastics and achieve their personal goals! We offer you:
- A very flexible schedule
- Part time or full time hours
- Preferred work days & times
- Career advancement opportunities through reimbursed NCCP courses
- Performance based incentives
Interested applications can email their resume to our Program Manager at email@example.com.
Coach In Training
At Oakville Gymnastics Club, we have created a unique Coach In Training certification program to educate new employees on the basics of coaching, and prepare them to become a fully certified coach. Build your resume and enhance your future education and career opportunities as you progress from being a CIT to a Recreational Gymnastics Coach. We offer reimbursement for NCCP courses and performance based incentives.
For more information on what it means to be a CIT and what it takes to become a coach, email your resume to our Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. and start making a valuable difference in a child’s life today!
Recreational Program Assistant
Oakville Gymnastics Club is currently seeking a Recreational Program Assistant.
Do you love the sport of gymnastics and want to help athletes and young coaches develop their skills? Your previous gymnastics coaching experience, and strong understanding of the foundations of the sport, will be utilized on a daily basis when you’re in the gym coaching and supervising staff and athletes. Under the guidance of the Recreational Program Director and Recreational Program Manager, you will assist with the running of a highly busy and successful recreational program, with a strong focus on creating a safe learning environment for the children.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your role includes, but is not limited to: Staff and Athlete Management (60%)
- Supervise recreational staff and athletes during classes, camps, and special activities, providing guidance and support for staff.
- Encourage, motivate, recognize, and evaluate recreational staff.
- Coach recreational classes, when needed.
Program Management and Administration (25%)
- Work closely with the Recreational Program Director, Recreational Program Manager, and other senior staff to ensure smooth running of recreational programs on a daily basis.
- Assist with reviewing and recording athlete progress.
- Assist with program development.
- Camp planning and preparation including weekly themes, crafts, and game ideas.
Customer Relations (15%)
- Respond to parent and child feedback.
- Assess children who need to be placed into appropriate groups.
- Assist Administrative Manager during busy times including phone and walk-in enquiries, and registration.
Qualifications and Skills
Applicants must have:
- Previous gymnastics coaching experience, including certification in Foundations Introduction, Theory, Artistic, and Trampoline
- Competition Introduction or Level 2 WAG
- Level 2 Trampoline (or be willing to obtain)
- First Aid/CPR (or be willing to obtain)
- Respect In Sport
- Previous recreational program supervising experience (asset)
Oakville Gymnastics is one of Canada’s most respected gymnastics clubs. Our Club offers Recreational and Competitive Programs in our state of the art, 25,000 square foot facility. The program is built on the philosophy of putting children ahead of performance.
Oakville Gymnastics Club is committed to providing a safe environment for children. All applicants will be thoroughly screened using background checks and a review process. Any misleading information may result in disqualification.
As an equal opportunity employer, Oakville Gymnastics Club would like to thank all applicants in advance. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in the selection process.